Forum francophone dédié à Black Sabbath et Ozzy Osbourne

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Ronnie James Dio

AuteurMessage
bru_dall
Flying High Again

MessageSujet: Ronnie James Dio   Lun 30 Juil - 0:13

Ronnie James Dio, de son vrai nom Ronald James Padavona

Il est né à Portsmouth le 10 juillet 1942
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://kingdomofrockbrudall.forumactif.org/forum.htm
Nikki Sixx
Into the Void

MessageSujet: Re: Ronnie James Dio   Lun 30 Juil - 0:18

L'homme qui a inventé la signe métal !

Whammy
Clyde
Clyde

MessageSujet: Re: Ronnie James Dio   Lun 30 Juil - 0:21

il fait trop peur sur cette photo pale
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://heavenandhell.topicboard.net
bru_dall
Flying High Again

MessageSujet: la carriere de Ronnie James Dio   Lun 30 Juil - 0:39

Dio forme:
The Electric Elves (1967-1969)
The Elves (1969-1970)
Elf (1970-1975)
Rainbow (1975-1978)
Black Sabbath (1979-1982)
Dio (1983-.......)
Black Sabbath (1991-1992)
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://kingdomofrockbrudall.forumactif.org/forum.htm
bru_dall
Flying High Again

MessageSujet: RONNIE JAMES DIO   Jeu 9 Aoû - 3:05

RONNIE JAMES DIO Out To Secure Legacy

The West Australian reports:

RONNIE JAMES DIO's tenure at the front of iconic heavy metal band BLACK SABBATH barely lasted three years from the time he stepped in to replace OZZY OSBOURE to him starting his own band.

But Dio, the man credited with popularising rock's famous "devil horns", still regards that period from 1979 to 1982 as one well worth re-living.

With the release of the album Black Sabbath: The Dio Years, Dio is back on the road with Sabbath originals Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, and drummer Vinny Appice, playing under the name HEAVEN AND HELL.

As part of their world tour, Heaven And Hell will play a run of dates in Australia starting in Perth on August 2nd.

The group has recorded new songs and unleashed fan favourites, Dio says, in a bid to secure the legacy of the band which formed a short but significant part of his career.

Heaven And Hell was Dio's first album with the band and is considered to have dug Sabbath out of a commercial and creative hole.

It was an appropriate choice of moniker for the re-formed outfit which Dio believes fans will recognise as Sabbath anyway.

The only other album to follow with Dio was Mob Rules in 1981, which was supported by a tour before the singer and Appice left the band to form the group DIO.

Read the full report at The West Australian.
bru_dall
Flying High Again

MessageSujet: SLASH, RONNIE JAMES DIO, TERRY BOZZIO   Jeu 9 Aoû - 3:15

SLASH, RONNIE JAMES DIO, TERRY BOZZIO - Hollywood Rockwalk Induction Video Footage

GuitaristSLASH (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES), vocalist RONNIE JAMES DIO (DIO, HEAVEN AND HELL, ex-BLACK SABBATH) and drummer TERRY BOZZIO (KORN/ex-FRANK ZAPPA) were honored on the Sunset Boulevard RockWalk in Hollywood on Wednesday, January 17th.

Artisan News Service (www.artisannews.com ) has posted a video montage from the event at this location.

Artisan also issued the following: Ronnie James Dio, Slash and drummer extraordinaire Terry Bozzio were all honored by Hollywood Guitar Center's Rockwalk with an induction ceremony on Sunset Blvd. January 17th, 2007 celebrating each musicians prestigious career. With fans lining the streets to get a glimpse of their idols, Slash, Dio and Bozzio all dipped their hands in cement were each of their handprints will grace the outside of Guitar Center along side plaques of JIMI HENDRIX, ERIC CLAPTON, STEVIE RAY VAUGHN, STEVIE WONDER and others.

Ronnie James Dio (Dio, Rainbow, Black Sabbath), who is gearing up for a tour with his latest project, Heaven And Hell along with old friends Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi and Bill Ward, not only thanked the many musicians he's played with in the past, but he also thanked his legion of fans who he credited as being the best on the planet.

"This is such a special honor for me. Thank you Guitar Center and all the people that are involved with what this is about with charities and just wonderfulness. It's incredible for me. One of the best parts is with Terry and Slash is I'm in there with two people who I really respect and who I think deserve this so so much. So, it's great for me as well. Anyway, thanks to my manager Wendy Dio, the best person on the face of the planet. More specially to every person I've ever played with as a musician, wrote a song with, sang a song with, bludgeoned, did anything we did, that was the best for me. This is a part of each one of them whatever you give to me you give to each of those people. They are my part, they are my whole. So, thank you to the fans who are the best on the planet. Dio fans rock and we rock!"

Slash, who grew up in the Hollywood area, even admitted he used to go to this same Guitar Center as a kid and he used to watch Rockstars come and go and dreamed of getting his chance. As is turns out Slash, who admittedly at the time didn't had much money, he was at times forced to vacate Guitar Center, so being inducted to the Hollywood Rockwalk is certainly a little extra special for him.

"I was definitely one of those kids that was hanging out at Guitar Center across the street when it was over there. Hanging around watching rockstars walk in and out and never having any money and after a couple of hours be politely asked to leave or impolitely in some cases, so it's a real trip now to be accepting this."

After the ceremony our cameras caught up with each honoree to discuss their thoughts on being honored not only by the music industry but more importantly, their peers.

"You know, I don't think it's so much about your career, it's a statement that, one, you've been doing it for a while and two, that you've been recognized by your peers as having some sort of significant effect on music in some way, shape or form. And that you've been recognized by fans as well. And you can just walk away for it and go 'I did that!' You can put it on your resume if you need one. As your career goes you just move on but it's still part of your legacy, so that's really cool!"

Bozzio went on to add: "Oh, I think it's great, I mean I'd much rather be playing in that room over there, which I've done many times. I play in a lot of these places and I get to do what ever I want. So, that means more to me than any award."

Dio also talked about his induction as well. "I'm from New York originally and I've lived here for close to thirty years now. I've always loved Los Angeles and I've wanted to live be here since I was twelve years old and suddenly I'm here and god, I'm part of the culture that I deal with. I've been honored in front of a place where anyone who's anyone has been honored so for me, it's really, really special."

Slash and Velvet Revolver have recently finished recording Libertad, which is the band's follow up to their world wide debut hit Contraband. Look for Slash and Velvet Revolver to tour extensively in 2007 in support of Libertad. Terry Bozzio has been announced as Korn replacement on drums for their former drummer David Silveria who has announced an indefinite hiatus from the road. Bozzio and Korn are currently writing their follow up to 2006's See You on the Other Side. Ronnie James Dio will be taking Heaven And Hell out for a 2007 tour as well as the band has announced a world tour in support of the bands debut release.
Whammy
Clyde
Clyde

MessageSujet: Re: Ronnie James Dio   Jeu 16 Aoû - 0:34

Rainbow et Black Sabbath periode 79-82 restent pour moi les meilleurs moments de sa carriere.

Flying High Again

MessageSujet: RONNIE JAMES DIO -   Jeu 30 Aoû - 19:59

RONNIE JAMES DIO - The Metal Legend Returns Home

The following story is courtesy of www.Theithacajournal.com:

You don't get to the top of the heavy metal heap without a lot of talent and a lot of hard work. Case in point: RONNIE JAMES DIO, long known as one of the genre's leading singers though stints with RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH and his own band DIO.

The Cortland native grew up playing various venues around Central New York, relying on a blue-collar ethos to build his music career.

“There wasn't a whole lot of opportunity — everything was in New York City, and to go there was pretty foreign thing for people from Cortland, Ithaca and Binghamton, Whitney Point, Dryden to do in those days,” says Dio in a phone interview earlier this week from Los Angeles.

“You cut your teeth in those places, and once you went to New York you usually were pretty well prepared, because there were a lot of places to play back then. Unlike today, where there are hardly any places for a young band to learn their craft at all.
“So it was a great place to grow up, not only from a musical standpoint, but also for the people,” he continues. “People from upstate New York are real solid. They're like people from Chicago or Cleveland. They got one attitude: they work hard and they try to enjoy life to the max.”

Read more here.
voodoo
Hole in the Sky

MessageSujet: Re: Ronnie James Dio   Sam 20 Oct - 17:11

Nikki Sixx a écrit:
L'homme qui a inventé la signe métal !

Ce signe là,c'est spiderman qui l'a inventé agheu
Nutshell
Bonnie
Bonnie

MessageSujet: Re: Ronnie James Dio   Sam 20 Oct - 19:26

Laughing